Quinoa with Roasted Veggies
For a great meal on the go, add a can of your favorite beans to this salad, wrap it in a whole grain or gluten-free wrap and enjoy.
• 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes peeled butternut squash
• 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes peeled sweet potato
• 1 tablespoon onion granules
• 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
• 1 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together squash, sweet potato, onion granules, salt and pepper until evenly coated. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast about 40 minutes or until squash and potatoes are fork-tender.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepot bring quinoa and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss together roasted vegetables, quinoa, almonds, parsley and lemon juice. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves 4 to 6
Per Serving:170 calories (50 from fat), 6g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 6g protein